With just 20 grams of carbohydrates per serving our “Beetroot Chocolate Bread” is the perfect sweet treat to indulge in on the daily. Here is one of our new recipes for our next cookbook coming soon.
Beetroot Chocolate Bread
20 minute prep; 55 minute cook
- 4 tbsp. hot coffee
- 4 tbsp. coconut oil
- 6.3 oz. (180g) raw beetroot, peeled, sliced
- ¾ cup (180ml) almond milk, lukewarm
- 1 cup (225g) coconut sugar
- ¾ cup (75g) cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- 1¼ cups (160g) all-purpose flour
For the frosting:
- 3½ oz (100g) 70% dark chocolate (traditional, dairy-free, or vegan)
- ⅓ cup + 1 tbsp. (100ml) full fat coconut milk, canned
- Heat the oven to 355°F(180°C). Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Pour the hot coffee over the coconut oil to melt it.
- Place the coffee mixture, sliced beetroot and lukewarm almond milk into a high-speed blender and blitz until smooth. Transfer the beetroot mixture to a large mixing bowl and stir in coconut sugar.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, baking soda and flour.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing gently with a spoon. Once the mixture is smooth, transfer it into the prepared loaf tin.
- Place the tin into the hot oven and bake for 55-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove the tin from the hot oven and set aside on a wire rack to cool completely before icing.
- Make the frosting by breaking up the chocolate into small pieces and placing it in a large bowl.
- Warm the coconut milk in a small pot until almost boiling. Pour it over the chopped chocolate and let it sit for 5 minutes. Stir the chocolate gently until it’s well combined, smooth and glossy. Set it aside to thicken before covering the top of the cake.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Nutritional information: per serving - 167 calories, 10 fat, 20 carbohydrates, 3 protein, 6 fiber
Have you gotten your 2017 PCD Smiles Cookbook yet? Our 2017 cookbook is available on Amazon or at your local bookseller through their special order department.
Join our Facebook group Turtle Talk Café today, click here.
We have several ways that you can donate to PCD Smiles;
- Visit Smile E. Turtle's Amazon Wishlist
- For more information on how you can donate, please visit our "Donation" page to check out our "Do & Don't policies.
- Or sponsor a PCD Smiles cheer package today!
Thank you for your consideration!